Friday, May 20, 2011

The Return of Darling Nikki

When boy 1 originally moved in three years ago, there was a girl 1. After a few months there was a truck in the drive and she was taking her dinette set to some other location. We were privy to one side of a few heated phone conversations and through the power of Facebook, we ascertained that she had flown South for bigger and brighter things. If I remember correctly girl 1 had some sort of masters in healthcare, but to be honest there are a lot of similar looking ladies on boy 1's page and my sleuthing skills have declined since moving away from my friend Gerri.

Last week I realized boy 1 had been missing for several days. I was about to post a note on his possible demise but just as I considered it, a truck and Uhaul appeared in the drive followed closely by a Honda with out-of-state plates. Out pops none other than boy and girl 1 -- reunited! Now I admit I did not see that one coming.

The high degree of education would beg the question why reconcile? Boy 1 is nice and easy on the eyes but I am guessing there were a lot of cuties in the South too. Here are some of the opinions on the matter.

My boss theorized that maybe she had been with some highly educated person who treated her like shit and therefore sweet, dull and comfortable would be a welcome change.

My mom (of all people) was a bit more cynical. Her idea was that a roof over your head and a food on the table could be the reason. I reminded my mother this sounded a lot like prostitution but it didn't seem to shake her view.

Overall we are happy about the reconciliation for a few reasons. 1. There will probably be fewer summer parties with random girls attempting to gain entrance by flashing the doorman. 2. The yard work has improved already. 3. Boy 1 really is sorta sweet and I think he missed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment