Saturday, May 1, 2010

Idol and other weirdos

Last night was warm and the weirdos do come out at night...

Down the road there was a neighborhood rendition of American Idol. I have no idea what the song was because I am completely out of touch with popular music. I won't lie and say there was a whole lot of talent, but she did it with all the passion one would expect from a neighborhood song-fest.

The boys had a party which is not surprising because it was Friday. They have made a conscious effort to keep it down probably because Krista went over in her bathrobe and screamed at them as only a mother of four adults could. It could also have something to do with her husband's last trip to the gun show. One of the boys does appear to have a new girlfriend. He was trying to get a few moments alone with her on their stoop. It would have been sweet and romantic, except I know all boys to be whores. I have been there when the girls from the week before come banging on the doors and windows at 2 AM so they don't fool me. After they went back to the party, some random girl (who Eric thought was the WIC recipient of a few weeks ago) pulled up in front of our house, jumped out of the car, ran in, ran out, went back to the car, and drove away all within 3 minutes. No idea what it was about. I would say drug deal but not enough time passed for money to change hands. For the record, she didn't look pregnant to me so I think it was someone else. I used to find this a bit strange, but now I look forward to the new characers I meet on the porch.




No comments:

Post a Comment